What is AMDeC F.I.R.S.T.(TM)?
AMDeC F.I.R.S.T. (Facilities Instrumentation Resources Services & Technologies) is a real-time, online web resource containing the most up-to-date information about AMDeC member technology and research resources from biomedical core facilities in New York State. An easily searchable, user friendly web-based application, it offers detailed listings and relevant information for core services, instrumentation and technology infrastructure at AMDeC member institutions, including complete contact information.
AMDeC F.I.R.S.T. is a unique program, and one of the only real-time registries of core facilities and services for a consortium of academic research institutions in the country. AMDeC F.I.R.S.T. will be instrumental in promoting collaborative research efforts between the New York biomedical community and with the private sector.
AMDeC F.I.R.S.T. also includes a central listing of the benefits offered by AMDeC’s Vendor Partnership Program. Users can download preferential price information, find contact information for AMDeC’s Technology Access Program (which allows researchers to access new technologies at a low cost) and view a calendar of events that identifies exclusive educational seminars provided by our Vendor Partners.
What Information is Available on AMDeC F.I.R.S.T.?
- Detailed descriptions of over 300 core technologies, including instrument manufacturers, model numbers, and available capacity.
- Detailed descriptions of over 400 core services, including scientific consultation, data analysis, genotyping, and training.
- Contact and logistical information for Core Facilities and Core Directors.
- Lists of local instruments and services available to clients on a fee-for-service basis.
- Benefits offered by AMDeC’s Vendor Partnership Program. Users can download preferential price information and find contact information for AMDeC’s Technology Access Program (which allows researchers to access new technologies at a low cost).
- Listing of educational seminars, training and events within the AMDeC consortium relevant to the AMDeC member community at large.
Eligibility & Enrollment
All researchers, core directors, and administrators at AMDeC member institutions are eligible and encouraged to sign up for an account on AMDeC F.I.R.S.T. To enroll, simply CLICK HERE.
Within 24 hours, your account request will be confirmed and authenticated via email. Upon confirmation you will be able to use the site. All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.